Sunday, January 3, 2010

May we all have a sucsessful and adventureous new year!

Happy and healthy New Year everyone! I find it amazing how the older you get, time goes by much faster. It seems like only yesterday I was celebrating my wife's birthday and now it's just a few days away. I remember when I was a preteen, I couldn't wait for my next birthday and it always took forever to arrive. Then I reached 18 and I wanted life to stand still...except for the fact I couldn't get cheap insurance rates. At twenty-five, I started wondering if God hadn't put some high octane in the great time clock to speed it up a little because the days just seem to fly by at warp speed. At 30 I'm like, "Okayeeee, where did all my hair go," and "Wow, that six pack has turned into a twelve pack!" Now I'm 44 and time is going by at ludicrous speed and I'm like wishing God would throw a wrench into that old time clock and  put it in reverse or something. It's amusing how the circle of life goes. I call it The Stepladder of Life. You start out as a helpless little child. Soon you are crawling, and then walking and then you begin to climb the steps of that stepladder of life. All too soon you reach the zenith of your life at the top of the ladder right at 30-40 years. Then begins the long hard climb down the other side. The closer you get to the bottom, the harder it is to walk and then eventually you can't walk. Finally, six feet under is our only option and we leave this world somewhat similar to the way we arrived.
I always wondered why my parents would say "Time sure flies by fast." I would say to myself, "Yeh, for you maybe, but until I'm too big to spank, I think it needs to fly faster. Well, those are my thoughts for the day.
Good night my friends....sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Bendigo said...

Stepladder of life....Now that is a great analogy....I couldn't agree with you more. I could hardly wait to turn 18 then 21 and from then on I couldn't believe the clock wasn't working at double time...